Woman killed by light rail in Rancho Cordova ID'd | News
RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. - The 47-year-old woman struck and killed by a light rail train while walking her bike across the tracks in Rancho Cordova on Monday was identified as Lorie Christine Muma on Tuesday.
Sacramento Regional Transit spokesman Alane Masui said the incident happened in the area of Folsom Boulevard and Mercantile Drive around 6:40 a.m.
Masui said the crossing arms were down and the bells were ringing at the intersection where the train struck Muma .
Sacramento County sheriff's deputies said Muma worked in the area.
A bus bridge was put in place between the Hazel and Sunrise stations until service was restored several hours later.
Top Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Join Safe Kids Celebration May 18
- Thrifting: Off to Denios We go
- Sierra College Foster Youth to Benefit from event: Glitz, Glamour, and Girlfriends
- Matt Redding Memorial Golf Tournament set for June 17 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club
- Steve Budiono Joins Community 1st Bank as Senior Vice President/Senior Relationship Manager