Mather day care provider found not guilty in baby's death | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - A Sacramento jury found a Mather child care provider not guilty of felony child endangerment in the death of a 10-week-old baby boy in her care.
The baby, Avin Rominger, was being watched by Sheila Caceres when he died Feb. 23, 2011. The county coroner concluded the child died of sudden unexpected infant death or SUID.
The Sacramento County prosecutor accused Caceres of leaving the baby who was showing signs of distress and not calling 911.
Jurors did find Cares guilty of a misdemeanor health and safety code violation.
Caceres' day care operating license was revoked for life.
Upcoming Events near Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tri-Tip Fundraiser For Senior Center
- Folsom City Council Approves Specific Plan Amendment for Capital SouthEast Connector
- TrailFest: Taste of the Central Valley
- News10 My Neighborhood Wishes You a Very Happy Labor Day Weekend!
- Strauss Festival of Elk Grove and Elk Grove Lions Club to Host Art Walk Wine and Food Festival!