Johnson makes 3 at Buzzer, Kings beat Knicks | Fun
SACRAMENTO, CA - James Johnson made a 3-pointer at the buzzer Friday night, lifting the Sacramento Kings to a 106-105 victory over the New York Knicks after blowing an early 27-point lead.
With time running out, John Salmons found Johnson above the top of the key and Johnson's shot left his had just ahead of the final buzzer. The shot helped the Kings avoid a collapse after building a big lead late in the first half.
Marcus Thornton scored 18 points and Johnson had 17 for the Kings.
The Knicks played their second straight game without injured Carmelo Anthony, who leads all Eastern Conference scorers, averaging 28.5 points per game. Anthony has a hyperextended left knee and his hoping to return Jan. 1 when the Knicks play Portland at home.
Upcoming Events near Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer