2 convicted of 2010 Rancho Cordova triple murder | Crime
SACRAMENTO, CA - Two men accused of gunning down two teens and a man in Rancho Cordova two years ago have been convicted of first degree murder.
Sacramento Superior Court separate juries found Saul Isidoro-Ausencio and Francisco Delgado guilty of killing Jamir Miller, 15; Richard Ward, 16; and Robert Corpos, 20, from a car on Malaga Way on Feb. 13, 2010. The victims were riding their bikes and were shot from behind.
According to court testimony, Isidoro-Ausencio was looking to get even after a beating at the hands of rival gang members. He and Delgado didn't find the attackers but shot the victims instead, thinking they were gang members.
Jurors also found true allegations Isidoro-Ausencio committed the murders for the benefit of the Sureno gang, he purposefully discharged a firearm and did so from a vehicle with the intent to kill. Delgado was also convicted of the latter charge. The jury did not reach verdicts on gang and the firearm enhancements for him.
The defendants are set to be sentenced on June 22.
Upcoming Events near Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sheri Del Torchio Joins Community 1st Bank as Assistant Vice President/Credit Analyst
- Is it too much turkey or is it GERD?
- Christmas at Denio's Every Weekend in December
- Calistoga Invites You to Celebrate the Jubilee of the Holiday Season
- RRUFF 3rd Annual Reindeer Pooch Parade & Rocklin Tree Lighting Sat Dec 7, 3:00 p.m.