Car hits fire hydrant after driver bails during pursuit, say deputies | Crime
RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. - A pursuit took a wet and wild twist Monday morning when the fleeing driver abandoned his moving vehicle, say deputies.
Sergeant Jason Ramos of the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department said deputies attempted to pull over a driver for a code violation in the area of Rockingham Dr. and Zinfandel Dr. around 9:23 a.m. However, the driver failed to yield, suddenly jumped out of the car, jumped back into the car, hit a fire hydrant and then a fence before jumping out again and fleeing on foot.
Deputies eventually caught the 21-year-old Rancho Cordova man and arrested him on charges of DUI, felony evading, and a probation violation, said Ramos.
The man's identity was not released.
According to Ramos, a 20-year-old woman arrived at the scene shortly thereafter and attempted to take possession of the car before officers could have it towed. She was arrested for obstruction.
Her name was not released.
Top Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River Stories
Upcoming Events near Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Join Safe Kids Celebration May 18
- Thrifting: Off to Denios We go
- Sierra College Foster Youth to Benefit from event: Glitz, Glamour, and Girlfriends
- Matt Redding Memorial Golf Tournament set for June 17 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club
- Steve Budiono Joins Community 1st Bank as Senior Vice President/Senior Relationship Manager