High-speed pursuit ends in fiery crash in Natomas | Crime
NATOMAS, Calif. - A woman suspected of stealing a car led Sacramento County deputies on a high-speed pursuit before wrecking in the Natomas area on Wednesday morning.
According to Sacramento County Sheriff's Sergeant Jason Ramos, the pursuit began around 10:50 a.m. near Longview Drive when deputies spotted the suspected stolen vehicle on Interstate 80.
According to Ramos, the driver fled westbound to Interstate 5, hitting speeds up to 90 miles per hour, before heading north and exiting at Arena Blvd. Upon exiting the interstate, the woman collided with a Raley's truck, causing her vehicle to catch fire briefly.
The driver was uninjured in the wreck but taken to a local hospital to be medically cleared before being arrested, said Ramos.
Upcoming Events near Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sheri Del Torchio Joins Community 1st Bank as Assistant Vice President/Credit Analyst
- Is it too much turkey or is it GERD?
- Christmas at Denio's Every Weekend in December
- Calistoga Invites You to Celebrate the Jubilee of the Holiday Season
- RRUFF 3rd Annual Reindeer Pooch Parade & Rocklin Tree Lighting Sat Dec 7, 3:00 p.m.