Dad, accomplice accused of shoplifting with baby, stroller | Crime
RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. - A father and his companion were arrested on Tuesday after they took the man's child along for a shoplifting trip at the CVS drug store on Zinfandel Drive, according to sheriff's deputies.
Sergeant Jason Ramos of the Sacramento Sheriff's Dept. said the child's father, 26-year-old Danny Williams and his accomplice, 31-year-old Deaire Jeffries concealed store merchandise inside the stroller as they walked around the store.
Ramos said the pair paid for one item at the register then left the store.
Officers were called to the scene around 2:15 p.m. and detained Williams and Jeffries a short distance from the store. Several items were then found hidden inside the stroller, including DVDs and bottles of alcohol, said Ramos.
The duo was then positively identified by CVS personnel and arrested.
Williams and Jeffries were both booked on charges of burglary and child endangerment. Williams also received an additional charge of parole violation.
Williams' child was taken into protective custody pursuant to her father's arrest, Ramos said.
Upcoming Events near Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Folsom City Council Approves Specific Plan Amendment for Capital SouthEast Connector
- TrailFest: Taste of the Central Valley
- News10 My Neighborhood Wishes You a Very Happy Labor Day Weekend!
- Strauss Festival of Elk Grove and Elk Grove Lions Club to Host Art Walk Wine and Food Festival!
- Water Workshop In Elk Grove