Arrested made in murder of man in front of pet clinic | Crime
RANCHO CORDOVA, CA - Sheriff's detectives think an argument over money led to the murder of a 55-year-old man in front of a Rancho Cordova pet clinic Monday night.
The victim's name has not been released until his relatives can be notified.
The murder suspect, Tywan Johnson, was seen by a witness embroiled in a disagreement with the victim, said Sacramento County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Jason Ramos. That information, along with evidence recovered where the victim was found in front of a pet hospital the 2800 block of La Loma Drive, led detectives to identify Johnson.
Ramos said the victim suffered upper body and head trauma caused by blunt and sharp force.
Johnson was arrested and booked on a no-bail hold into Sacramento County Jail on one count of murder.
Top Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Laguna Creek High School takes home top awards at 2nd Annual SMUD Northern California Solar Regatta
- Toby Johnson Middle, Franklin High school students win Perfect Attendance Laptop Giveaway
- Franklin vs Elk Grove For Baseball Bragging Rights
- More ways to help victims of deadly Oklahoma tornado
- "My Posse's on Broadway" Extravaganza - Memorial Weekend