Layaway Angels in the Sacramento area | Business
Layaway angels are busy making people’s dreams come true at Kmart. Kind-hearted people are anonymously heading into Kmart locations all across America and paying off layaway purchases.
The phenomenon began organically last year and is beginning to gain traction again for holiday 2012.Layaway angels in the Sacramento area this year have paid off more than $1,500 of strangers’ layaway contracts at stores in Redding, Santa Rosa, Rancho Cordova, Chico and Grass Valley.
This year, Kmart is acknowledging the kind-hearted people who act as layaway angels by tracking the locations and monetary donations made throughout the season on the Kmart website.
Source: Kellee Bassaragh, Flowers Communications Group
Upcoming Events near Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer